CiviCRM 4.0.0 has been released for the latest Drupal version – 7 and the new Joomla version – 1.6. Up until now it was necessary to install CiviCRM on the older Drupal 6 and Joomla 1.5.
- CiviCampaign has been integrated with other components such as CiviContribute, CiviMember, CiviEvent, CiviMail and CiviEngage
- Joomla v1.6 introduced an ACL based permissioning system. This gets CiviJoomla to much closer parity with CiviDrupal.
- CiviMember now allows membership upsell. This allows membership type to be changed on renewal
- CiviCRM Extensions. You can now browse and download CiviCRM extensions from within your CiviCRM install.
- A new API – version 3, introduces standardisation of functions, inputs and outputs.
For users of existing Drupal 6 and Joomla 1.5 CiviCRM installs, the simultaneous release of 3.4 for these versions includes the same features.