TomcatCon London is the place for all users of Tomcat to expand their Tomcat knowledge in areas such as networking, security, performance and deployment. It also offers an opportunity to discuss the current Tomcat roadmap and help inform future development.
Registration for TomcatCon London is now open.
Source: Apache Tomcat® – TomcatCon
The Apache Tomcat team announced that support for Apache Tomcat 5.5.x ended on 30 September 2012.
This means that after 30 September 2012:
– releases from the 5.5.x branch are highly unlikely
– bugs affecting only the 5.5.x branch will not be addressed
– security vulnerability reports will not be checked against the 5.5.x branch
Three months later (i.e. after 31 December 2012)
– the 5.5.x download pages will be removed
– the latest 5.5.x release will be removed from the mirror system
– the 5.5.x branch in svn will move from /tomcat/tc5.5.x to /tomcat/archive/tc5.5.x
– the links to the 5.5.x documentation will be removed from tomcat.apache.org
– The bugzilla project for 5.5.x will be made read-only
This is all done now,
The final release was 5.5.36 on 10 Oct 2012 and is, and will always remain, available from the archives.
Customers using Tomcat 5.5 should especially note that security updates are NOT being produced for Tomcat 5.5 any more. Therefore they should consider migrating to Tomcat 6 or later as soon as possible.